Into the star filled seas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The audience chamber of Resderay

Go down

The audience chamber of Resderay Empty The audience chamber of Resderay

Post  Diaveras Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:38 pm

Upon a throne raised high above sits the Ucida leader, Resderay. Around him could be seen many Ucida most of which are captains in the fleet and the rest are generals. He looks down as an Ucida enters this room and looks up to him. "My lord we have requested this hearing as we have received the black box from the ship sent to attack the Aceda colony."
"So the ship was destroyed. Disappointing."
"We have reviewed the contents and it has shown us that the captain made the decision to attack an Aceda warship that appeared in the area."
"Unacceptable!" Resderay stood up from the throne. "I gave specific instructions to destroy the colony and he defied me!"
"He was convinced that it was still within your interest judging from the recordings."
"He still did not have the right to do as he did! all instructions I give are to be followed and never bent as he has done! For this treason there will be punishment!"
"Sir please allow me to continue there was more to this that I must yet explain." Resderay sat back in his throne. "Another ship from a species we identified from one of the species we had watched and researched was present. The species known as Mimorvadon, and their ship assisted in the Aceda's attack on our own. We also seem to have managed to board their ship but judging by the fact that they were at a disadvantage and that they have not returned to us with the ship we assume they were repelled and destroyed."
"Four failures from a single ship: They failed to follow orders, they let their ship be destroyed, they died on an enemy ship, and they sparked what may soon be an alliance against us between two species. Their falls are not over yet, we will create their replacements but only after I have made a point."
"And what point would that be sir?" Resderay directs his hand towards the group of captains and five of the Ucida's cores are ripped out of their bodies which then fall to the floor as puddles. The five cores move to Resderay and he is seen burning them in his hands.
"That my orders are not to be ignored, that I make plans to work out in all situations, I plan carefully when I send you out and I consider all possibilities from probable possibilities to impossible ones and I pick the best suited and prepare them for everything. That captain was meant to land on the planet where he was to deploy an assault on the colonists and take them prisoner. Among all species we have observed from afar the Aceda are the most susceptible to hostage situations. That ship was not equipped for combat in space it was equipped for combat on the planet's surface as it was designed to launch attacks and repel entire fleets from within the planet's atmosphere. That captain must have forgotten the systems I placed on that ship and made a foolish choice." Cracks can be seen forming on the cores hovering above Resderay's palm. "Had he made it to the planet's surface he would have had the advantage against the Aceda, maybe even forced the intervention of Diaveras! This was meant to introduce you as a powerful and even overwhelming enemy and it has back fired because of one captain's choice!" The cores burst into pieces some of which fall into Resderay's hand. "Maybe it was my mistake, maybe I sent the wrong captain and the wrong ship."
"No my lord! It was not your mistake in any way! It was our own! You never make a mistake as you plan to send us in to danger and bring us all back with not a single death and victorious! You are perfect and we are the ones who have made the mistake for we are flawed! All blame is on us!"
"Then analyze your mistake and find all the factors that caused you to make a mistake so that you may avoid repeating it! Consider every tiny detail and then consider all other factors that could have resulted in the same conclusion so that you do not just repeat this one mistake but so you may not make mistakes that will bring the same results! No go!"
"Yes my lord." The Ucida looked down from Resderay and turned away walking towards the exit.
Diaveras
Diaveras
Admin

Character sheet
Field1:

https://isfs.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The audience chamber of Resderay Empty Searching for evidence

Post  Diaveras Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:45 am

The captains and generals leave the room and Resderay hovers down to the ground floor. As he approaches the door another Ucida enters the room. "What is it?"
"Sir." The Ucida shows documents within his hand. "The final report on our analysis."
"Recite it quickly I am going to the R&D department after this."
"Yes sir." the document is opened and the Ucida begins to read it. "The subject species currently under surveillance has been subject to rapid environmental changes. Their planet's surface is becoming barren and being reduced to wasteland in the time we have observed them, within the last fens (thousand years). The cause of rapid-" Resderay walks past the Ucida who then follows and continues. "The cause of the rapid climate change is artificial. A highly aggressive cellular sized organism is multiplying and spreading across the planet, killing all larger living organisms. Those who have died seem to have taken a new form, details unavailable."
"And why is this titled the final report then?"
"We have confirmed presence of an immortal being, it has been in some form of hibernation this last fens and is now proceeding to counter the aggressive organism. Once the Immortal's presence was confirmed all surveillance on species, Lomerans, was ceased and we are proceeding to observe the next species."
"15,862 species 10,087 confirmed to have Immortals 5,775 confirmed artificial."
"Correct sir."
"We are currently observing a few thousand other species are we not?"
"That is also correct sir no confirmation of any Immortal presence but plenty of evidence. We have also discovered 164 of those species are artificial though the early evidence suggested otherwise."
"I am not surprised as to how difficult this has been those Lomerans were so promising. Regardless we have to move on."
"Yes sir I shall return to my post at once." The Ucida turns down a hallway leaving Resderay to continue walking alone.
Diaveras
Diaveras
Admin

Character sheet
Field1:

https://isfs.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down