Into the star filled seas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Steps

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

First Steps - Page 2 Empty Re: First Steps

Post  Diaveras Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:38 pm

"Energy. The energy in our bodies. Oh the various theories and hypotheses for that energy. We have heavily studied it and attempted to learn as much of it as possible but the energy still eludes us. It is only produced as we live and is quickly expended after we die. As of yet we do not know the nature but we know the process that produces it. Within our bodies are three large organs within which we believe the processes of fusion and fission are constantly occurring, the energy from these processes are absorbed and are what we use. We have tried numerous times to replicate the energy but we can not find the right materials to produce an energy of even similar properties. In short I can say a lot more about what we don't know and why we don't know than about what we do know. I apologize if this is disappointing but we researches are frantically attempting to learn the nature of it even now, I believe it to be the subject most focused upon by researchers of our world but some have aged till their end before learning anything at all. It may still yet take many generations without some miraculous breakthrough. Most scans are unsafe and those that are safe are too weak to detect the insides of the energy producing organs. We are too empathetic to hurt another of our species for the sake of this discovery so it may not be an Aceda that could unravel this mystery." After a momentary pause Hiny began to speak again. "I should tell you about the energy that we use in our technology. We call this energy Streta. It is strange and until recently we believed it only to exist on our world, we have searched many worlds but never found the conditions that create this material. Truthfully we know not the "regular" form of streta but have found is both a liquid and a wave form like light. We believe our planet has either a unique core or the core is surrounded by a unique material, or even both of these. Whatever the reason some material from deep within our planet has a key contribution to the processes that create streta near the surface of our home world. This energy is highly efficient and we can power entire cities on our world with a fifty foot deep and half mile diameter pool of liquid streta. One of our continents is powered by the radiation from a single streta pool that was discovered, of course the land above it is dangerously irradiated and must be entered only by our Indrisenten or by my family. I hope this information is more like what you were expecting to hear than was the other."
Diaveras
Diaveras
Admin

Character sheet
Field1:

https://isfs.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalord Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:22 pm

"I see, streta." Aroratus'Teron stood in thought for a few moments. "if it is imposable to reproduce, how have you cultivated so much...and, is it mined or is it obtained though some other method, does it produced an unlimited source of energy or do you have to replace it eventually, and what are some of the properties of streta besides generating energy?
Metalord
Metalord
Judge

Character sheet
Field1:

Back to top Go down

Post  Diaveras Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:37 pm

"We have found so much because we were lucky to have a planet rich with it, even now we still discover more and more both by accident and during searches. We do not see a rate of consumption, though. It is the radiation itself that we use as energy after the proper conversion process. We are still studying it but we think we may eventually see consumption of the resource, until then we can only say it is in expendable but not infinite. We do not mine it as it is not ore. We do not disturb it we send in the Indrisenten to set up equipment that absorbs the radiation and converts it into a usable energy resource. It is too dangerous to study directly so we know of no other properties but we have thoroughly searched for any other effects on our cities and the citizens within, no detectable effects."
Diaveras
Diaveras
Admin

Character sheet
Field1:

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalord Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Thank you Kiny, perhaps with better relations, we may attempt to study this "streta" ourselves" Aroratus'Teron returns to the group with what appeared to be a slight sense of curious joy. again, as before. the group speaks in hushed voices. and from the group the last Mimorvadon steps forward and speaks with a slightly higher voice then the others "greetings, Kiny, I am Birabellire'Teronsteps, Minister of Foreign Relations and Warfare. I wish to know how colonization works within your empire. do you find healthy planets, or do you terraform barren or degraded planets. and how many planets has the Aceda currently colonized. also, how is social and government order maintained in colonies far from the home planet?"
Metalord
Metalord
Judge

Character sheet
Field1:

Back to top Go down

Post  Diaveras Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:39 pm

"We are not an empire, sir. We are a family. At current we have colonized 36 planets, 37 if you want to include our home world. We find healthy planets and colonize them, if there are some that are close to ideal but still need to be terra formed a slight amount then that is what we do with it. Planets that do not fit 80% of our expectations are left as they are as they are more suited for other species that may already live upon them. As for maintaining government and social order all colony planets have no more than a few thousand Aceda upon them this size seems to be able to maintain order on its own but we are currently working out plans for spreading government to the other planets, possibly appointing a second Cerenca that will assist my father in keeping order across these colonies." Kiny could be seen spacing out as she thought of her dream of becoming the Cerenca she had mentioned. She snapped back to attention. "Of course this is just my own theory."
Diaveras
Diaveras
Admin

Character sheet
Field1:

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalord Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:32 pm

"thank you kiny, so you only find ideal planets for colonization? but how do you find such rare planets! such odds are incredibly low....but I will take your word for it." Birabellire'Teron looks back to the group. the others gather, talk in hushed voices, then one, the emperor, makes several odd motions with his hand. "I appears we have another question from elsewhere. Again, thank you." Birabellire'Teron walks towards the group while Aroratus'Teron walks past. "yes, I apologies for this one last delay but I wish to ask, what method does your species use to terraform other planets?"
Metalord
Metalord
Judge

Character sheet
Field1:

Back to top Go down

Post  Diaveras Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:43 am

"We start by slowly and evenly introducing a new gas into the planet's atmosphere. When we look for a planet that will be all we ant to change about it. It's simple and thus makes planets suitable extremely scarce. But the galaxy is vast with billions of star systems and each star can have any number of planets orbiting it. There are going to be plenty of planets if we ever truly need them." After answering this final question Kiny's eyes suddenly turn a glowing yellow and she screams in pain as a muscular spasm sends her and her chair falling backwards. Kiny rolls of the chair and falls unconscious on the floor, her eyes shining a bright tainted yellow rather than their regular pale blue.
Diaveras
Diaveras
Admin

Character sheet
Field1:

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalord Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:56 pm

The room turns into a small panic, Several guards are called in by Birabellire'Teron to take kiny's unconscious body to an infirmary. Aroratus'Teron follows the group while Poulustus'Teron leaves the room though a separate door. Relerus'Teron remains the calmest. following the group and speaking though a small, unnoticeable device on his head, several orders are shouted. "We have an emergancy! Bring the Acedian Medical Books and send a message Though "The Blackness" to any ships nearby the The Delris System, tell them to cancel their current duty and alert Diaveras, their leader, of her symptoms!" an alarm is sounded though the building and several nearby Mimorvadon in the halls rush into any close-by doors to allow room for the guards. A large device on wheels, smiler to a stretcher, rushes towards the patient. Though little small for the Aceda, she is carried with it the rest of the way, still surrounded by the officers, to a clean metal room. moments later, the bed from kiny's room is carried in by several more Mimorvadon and laid in the middle of the large, silver room and her soon upon it. A few minuets afterwords, three Mimorvadon enter the room dressed in baggy cloths and closed breathing apparatus'. One of the doctors holding a "book" slowly scans it though a small machine he brought with him. after several minuets, he looks though a screen where the translated writings is shown. during this time, a message is sent though to Relerus'Teron "sir, the closest ship in the vicinity is a ship know as "Infinite Knowledge". The captains name is Trogus'Nubee, a colonist. he is currently by estimate of his location [two days] from Lorinlora" Relerus'Teron replies "If he is indeed the closest, send him a message. tell him that he is to drop a beacon at his current system and alert Diaveras of Kinys Condition. under request of the counsel as a whole." the message is immediately sent to the "Infinite Knowledge" and though reluctant with the little information provided, the captain, Trogus'Nubee, begins his journey to the provided coordinates.
Metalord
Metalord
Judge

Character sheet
Field1:

Back to top Go down

Post  Diaveras Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:30 pm

For a brief moment after being set down Kiny is motionless but soon begins to twist as she struggles to regain consciousness. Her eyes still glow the yellow from earlier as they look in every direction, Kiny is struggling to look straight but manages to turn her head to her right side. She goes to reach into a pocket on her side with a shaking hand. A device is pulled halfway out but slips from her grasp and falls to the floor. The device luckily lands on a switch on the side that causes it to project a screen above itself, what appears to be a list is shown on the screen and Kiny starts looking through for a specific item. She has the list move as she searches and stops moving the list appearing to have seen what she was looking for. She goes to press her finger against one of the listed items but her arm is becoming too weak to hold up. A watching Mimorvadon comes up and presses the item she was focused on. The screen shows what can be determined to be a message when one examines the writing format. The message was written before the meeting began and the receiver of the message is Diaveras. Kiny attempts to send the message but cannot move her arm, the Mimorvadon that assisted her determines which place on the screen her slowly closing eyes are focusing on and immediately presses a set of characters on the screen. The message is sent and the screen changes showing four symbols that are rapidly changing appearance as a line of characters flashes slowly in the center.
Diaveras
Diaveras
Admin

Character sheet
Field1:

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalord Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:13 pm

All eyes in the room were suddenly converted towards the communicator. The lead doctor took notice of the Mimorvadon whom had help kiny to use the device and, in a voice of displeasure, spoke to his colleague. "What did you do? do you have any idea what that device does?" In a frighten tone, the Mimorvadon responds. "sorry Reparus'Nubee.....but she was reaching for it, I figured it may have been important....possibly a message for us or, though unlikely, a cure for her own condition." Reparus'Nubee responds. "yes.....it could have been. but stop to figure, what it releases an airborne toxin that, though beneficial to Aceda, may have been harmful to all Mimorvadon in the building! or even more radical, what if it is an explosive! she is currently not in a right mind and we have no idea what this device she has brought does, you may have put us all in danger. I'm sorry, but I must ask you to leave the room temporally....we shall discuss your punishment at a later time, depending what happens." The other leaves the room in a sulking manor and the lead turns to a nearby guard, armed and wearing bagging clothing smiler to the doctors. "You, I need you to take the device to an observation room for further study and our protection. Also alert the researcher of it and tell them to watch it for any change. I need to continue looking over these books on Aceda anatomy and continue watching kiny's vitals so please, tell the other not to bother me unless a change in her condition occurs and to avoid touching devices of dubious Aceda origin." The guard agrees to this and immediately grabs the device and places it on a shielded cart of sorts. he carries the communicator though the building to nearly half the complex before reaching a elevator (though it appears more like a lift) and boards it before it descends. it travels far down in till it reaches a bright, small hallway with a single small, heavy door at its end. on the other side sits a room smiler to kiny's medical office. the guard places the device on in the middle of the room and quickly leaves back up the elevator. several cameras in the adjust and focus' on the device then all is quiet.
Metalord
Metalord
Judge

Character sheet
Field1:

Back to top Go down

Post  Diaveras Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:32 pm

The cameras watch the device for a long time as it does nothing. After a long time the screen is activated, three symbols are seen moving around one another and passing through the middle together at points, the symbols combine in the middle and the screen changes to show a message written in the Mimorvadon alphabet.

To whoever reads this message,

First I must say that I have enjoyed having the mimorvadon representative here on my planet, we had just finished incorporating your alphabet into my personal device when I had received an urgent message from my daughter Kiny. This message was sent along with an update containing your alphabet, I hope that the process went well and this message is readable to you. My daughter is currently undergoing a natural process among my species known as fluctuation. It occurs every of one of our months and is temporary. However from the previous message I know not her current state as it was written before her meeting with your officials. Please tell me her status so that I may predict any further developments and tell you what you will need to do. I am certain that you are all unharmed which means she must not have turned aggressive considering the time of the message's sending and from previous messages sent between me and her. Fear not if she has not turned aggressive the probability of her doing so is less than 0.2%. If you need to know when she will exit this process you will know when her eye color starts changing. The intensity of the color shows whether or not it will still be a while. Normally it lasts one of our weeks.

Thank you,

Cerenca Riorerek Sengorey Diaveras

Kiny awakens in her room shortly after the message has appeared in the room far away, her eye color unchanged. She looks around the room and sees the Mimorvadon in the room. She realizes she is breathing heavily and tries to lift herself from the bed but is unable to. "Wh-what? What happened? I can't move my limbs. How long have I been in here? Why am I in here?" She can remember dropping her kera on the floor and looks over to see that it is not there. "What happened to my kera? Where is it?"
Diaveras
Diaveras
Admin

Character sheet
Field1:

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalord Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:01 pm

"I'm sorry, kera?" the doctor thinks for a moment. "I remember our leader complaining about a strange device. I'm sorry, if that is your Kera I dont know what has happened to it."

In the observation room, several scientist in steel enclosed armor enter. though visors they examen the message. "Its in Greegon!! A message from a Cerenca Riorerek Sengorey Diaveras.....It could be a doctor." "send a message to Aroratus'Teron, he will want to know about it" elsewhere in the building, Aroratus'Teron obtain the meassage. Immediately recognizing the name, he sends further messages to the other ministers of the counsel and, along with Relerus'Teron, all meet in the metal room. Relerus'Teron is the first to look over the message. "yes, this is from Diaveras. he knew of her condition, he is asking for her symptoms" Poulustus'Teron steps forward. "Quickly then, call the doctors and send him a report!" Birabellire'Teron also steps fowards as Poulustus'Teron was speaking. "how does he know of her condition so soon? we just sent a vessel to alert him, he shouldn't hear about this for another [two days]!" "our estimates could have been wrong, perhaps. also, the Aceda are a close "family" as they called it. it may be a power of theirs. unfortunately, even if we contact the doctors, we have no idea how this device currently works." Poulustus'Teron speaks with a worried voice. "then how are we to help her?" Aroratus'Teron is now the one to speak "it seems, as the fact we can read apparently, we can only hope that Kiny, being the only one us able to read Aceda lettering for obvious reasons, gets well enough to send the message herself." "if it is the only thing we can do, then fine. I say we bring the device back and keep her under further monitoring." the rest agree to this. all leave the room, taking the small communicator with them.
Metalord
Metalord
Judge

Character sheet
Field1:

Back to top Go down

Post  Diaveras Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:16 pm

"What do you mean? Did they think it was dangerous? It is but a multi-purpose device used for the storing and transmission of information. It is how we keep in touch on my home world and it is able to do a variety of things, none of which are harmful to anyone." Kiny lays her head down and looks away from the Mimorvadon. She hears as the mimorvadon sound surprised shortly after the door was heard opening. When she looked back she could see the ministers and the emperor who she had met before. One of them was holding her kera. "My kera. I'm sorry if it ended up causing alarm but you should know I would not dare bring anything that could or might harm the mimorvadon. I-I don't understand why I cannot move much right now but I would at least like to have it back."
Diaveras
Diaveras
Admin

Character sheet
Field1:

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalord Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:40 am

in a hurried voice, the emperor was the first to speak. "Kiny? are you all right? you have been unconscious for hours. please, tell me, are you well? what is happening to you? please, tell us if there is any thing we, or you, brought to cure this condition of yours...."
Metalord
Metalord
Judge

Character sheet
Field1:

Back to top Go down

Post  Diaveras Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:58 pm

"Condition? I can not move my limbs! I do not know what is happening. I would write a message to my father for you but I can not as I am. I could instruct one to write the message but it would take time. Please let me see my kera and give me an assistant to help me write a message."
Diaveras
Diaveras
Admin

Character sheet
Field1:

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalord Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:52 pm

The Emperor hands Kiny's kera to the Doctor whom was with Kiny at the time, "alright, there is an assistant in the room currently. He shall help to wright the message." The Mimorvadon with the kera looks up to the emperor as if confused. "yes, by request of the counsel, you will help Kiny wright her father. do you disagree?" The Doctor responds "I do not disagree, I will happily help." he turns to Kiny "My name is Berdnoc'Gree, I hope to have you well soon." Relerus'Teron speaks up once again. "good, And thus, The Counsel intrust you with the duty. If you have to leave, we request you choose someone concomitant and contact us to make positive it is all right. and now Kiny, I need the first words of the message to read "requesting assistance immediately" in case you fall unconscious once again. you may erase this once the message is complete but we still need this just in case things fall to worse. is that alright?"...
Metalord
Metalord
Judge

Character sheet
Field1:

Back to top Go down

Post  Diaveras Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:33 pm

"I can do that much." Kiny looks at the screen and her gaze becomes fixed on an option among the menu. "What is that? That was not there before?" She instructs the Mimorvadon to activate it and the letters on the screen are all replaced with the Greegon alphabet. "What!?" Kiny finds herself unable to read the letters that have appeared. "I can not operate this from memory I can't tell what is what anymore." The mimorvadon takes a look at the screen, recognizing the language.
"Fear not this is my language, I can take over for you."
Diaveras
Diaveras
Admin

Character sheet
Field1:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down